Henderson Tooth Cavity Pain
Henderson Cavity Treatments that Restore the Strength of Your Smile
Cavities in Henderson, NV
Henderson Cavities are the number one cause of tooth loss, so it is important to know how to identify, prevent, and treat them. Known as “Henderson tooth decay” in medical terms, cavities are the most common dental problem in Henderson and the second most common Henderson health condition after the common cold. Fortunately, cavities can be discovered in early stages and treated to avoid problems in the future.
What causes a cavity to develop in Henderson?
Henderson cavities develop because of an infectious process that causes progressive damage to tooth structure. Despite starting as a pinpoint defect on the outermost enamel layer of your tooth, untreated Henderson dental decay progressively compromises more and more healthy tooth structure as it works its way to the inner layers of your tooth.
Causes of Cavities in Henderson
- Improper Henderson dental hygiene
- A diet high in sugar and starch
- Lack of fluoride
- Chronic diseases or medication which inhibits saliva production
- Drug use
Symptoms of Henderson Tooth Decay
Depending on the extent of the Henderson cavity present in your tooth or teeth, you might experience anything from a little periodic Henderson tooth sensitivity to extreme and continuous pain and discomfort. As untreated cavities deepen, they produce significant damage to the dental enamel and inner layers of the tooth. By continuing to put off care, irreversible damage to the nerve of the tooth, a dental infection, tooth loss, and more severe consequences to your overall Henderson health and well-being are possible.
I May Have A Cavity, What Do I Do? I Live in Henderson, NV!!
Henderson Cavity Treatment
Whether a Henderson tooth-colored filling or Henderson metal filling will be used to restore a tooth that has suffered a dental cavity while residing in Henderson, the procedure will be the same. To start, the affected tooth will need to be cleaned so that any damaged tooth enamel, as well as any bacteria, plaque, or tartar can be removed. Once this is done, the filling material (either composite resin or silver amalgam) will be layered onto the tooth in order to restore tooth structure in Henderson. This material is then left to harden on the tooth. Once this is complete, the tooth will be filed and polished so that the filling fits the natural shape of the tooth and fits in comfortably with the Henderson patient’s bite. Henderson Cavity treatment is a quick procedure that is virtually pain-free for our dental patients in Henderson.
Cavity Treatment in Henderson
Depending on the cavity’s advancement while living in Henderson, there are different types of Henderson dental procedures you can undergo. Fillings, crowns, and root canals are the alternatives for treating a cavity:
- Henderson Fillings – Fillings are used to treat small cavities and require removing the affected portion of the tooth and replacing it with filling materials such as porcelain or composite resin.
- Henderson Crowns (or caps) – Dental crowns are used to treat larger cavities and require removing the decayed portion of the tooth and reshaping the remaining tooth to provide a good base for the crown. The crown will then be cemented over the tooth base to provide a solid structure that functions like normal and protects the tooth from damage.
- Henderson Root canals– If the cavity affects the tooth’s pulp, you may need root canal therapy. This treatment involves removing the tooth’s pulp and nerve and sealing them to prevent food and saliva from entering. Henderson root canal therapy is typically followed with a crown to protect the tooth.
Henderson Dental Fillings
The most common Henderson treatment for cavities is a dental filling. To put it simply, a Henderson dental filling fills in the hole that is left by tooth decay and seals off the tooth so that bacteria, plaque, and tartar cannot work their way to the center of the tooth. We offer Henderson patients a choice of two types of dental fillings: tooth-colored and metal.
Henderson Cavity Prevention
- Brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day
- Minimize the intake of products high in sugar and starch
- Visit the Henderson dentist every six months for a complete check-up
- Ask for a Henderson professional cleaning at least once a year if you do not smoke (sooner if the tartar build-up is high) or twice a year if you smoke or chew tobacco.
Henderson Cavities are common, but they should not affect your busy life! Visit our Henderson dental office today for cost-effective and reliable treatment of cavities in Henderson.
How To Prevent New Cavities In Henderson
Contrary to popular opinion Henderson, cavities aren’t necessarily the result of eating sugary foods such as chocolate or drinking soda pop. They’re often the result of a failure to maintain health oral hygiene. We recommend keeping a habit of good Henderson oral hygiene by regularly brushing your teeth soon afterward with a fluoride toothpaste and clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner. You also should also eat a balanced diet, limit between-meal snacks and visit your Henderson dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
What Should I Expect After A Dental Filling In Henderson, NV?
Most Henderson cavity patients can eat and drink immediately following a filling with no precautions. Your tooth will be good as new and you likely will not be able to see where the filling was done. You may feel some mild sensitivity in the tooth that was filled which should subside within a few days.
How Long Will My Henderson Tooth Filling Last?
If you’ve ever had a filling fall out, you know that they do not last forever. Fillings usually last 3-7 years on average but you need regular Henderson dental exams to ensure it’s holding up well. If you see any discoloration, chipping, or darkening beneath the filling, schedule an Henderson dental appointment with your dentist soon. These are often signs that the filling need